Call +420 518 321 881   info-ico1   All contacts


The oldest traces of a settlement in Veselí nad Moravou are from the Neolithic Era – New Stone Age (approx. 5700 – 4900 BC).

The first written report about a castle called Veselí dates back to 1261. It was Sudomír from the House of Tvrdišovec, a secretary of the Břeclav Region, who had the castle built at a trading path along the Morava River and took part in colonization of this nearly desert region on the left bank of the Morava River. The first written report about the town of Veselí on a small river island in front of the castle comes from 1397.

Thanks to its strategic position, the town could survive disturbed times, whereby the periods of development and economic prosperity were followed by the periods of poverty, starvation and hardships of war.

Veselí flourished especially in the 19th century, as the railway was built and it was the railway station, for which the name Veselí nad Moravou was used for the first time in 1883. On 27 June 1919, the City of Veselí united with the Suburb (the original merchants´ settlement) and the Jewish Community. In 1950 the village of Milokošť and in 1964 the village of Zarazice were affiliated. In the late-20th century, Veselí became an important industrial cultural and administrative centre of Moravian Slovakia.


inCity-logo-color-basic Facebook-logo-1817834